Thursday, September 29, 2011

Little slices of inspiration…

Hidy-ho friends!!! How is your week going? Marvelous? Wonderful? AWESOME!
I’m creeping up on the middle of my first semester of grad school…and by the grace of God. I’m doing it. Hanging in there. So far…fingers, ears, and toes crossed…I have all A’s. For a single Mom of a toddler with everything on my plate…I have to revel in it just a smidgen. Life’s not easy. But the little moments that we can celebrate our victory's…make it a little bit more HAPPY! When I get through the entire semester I’ll really celebrate…but I’m celebrating the little steps too. LOL.

-----------

I wanted to keep talking about my awesome experience at the Shooting West Texas Photography Symposium too. I think you MUST share GOODNESS and INSPIRATION!

I met such amazing people there…this you know. Let’s take it a notch closer and talk about a few of them and their AWESOME talents!

The first one I’d like to share is Rachael Waller. I instantly felt connected to her. She was RAD, INSPIRING and TALENTED and just AWESOME. Really. 

This is from her website -
“Rachael earned her BFA (2002) and MFA (2004) in film from the world renowned California Institute of the Arts
where she studied under some of the great masters of light, cinematography, documentary film, and photography.
Rachael's passion for photography is driven by dust, natural light, and powerful music.”

Okay so like the TOP Art school in the US. Yep. Ah-mazing!

She was the MOST down to EARTH and INSPIRING person! You could just feel her POSITIVE energy!
031

Totally loved her outfit and jewelry too. GROOVY!

Her work is primarily equine based. She raises and rescues horses of various types. Did I mention instant connection with her? My little parents have 5 – yes 5 rescued Mustangs.

The way she talked about her photography work while showing it to us really got me going. I also loved how much she loved her horse babies.

As a photographer, so many other fellow photogs can be so “tight” and “narrow” in their work and even just talking about their work. She was absolutely the opposite. She said that she loved just running with her horses and holding the camera out to see what happens. Really? I just started beaming and had goosebumps!! Photography embraces so many things beyond just a posed, predictable image. I’m so going to run around with my camera and take some awesome, crazy, unplanned rad photos! And guess what…it’s art too!! Awesome art!

-----------

I wanted to bottle her inspiration up…and take it home…so I didn’t forget to let loose and just be authentic with my work…and hang my camera out and do some crazy stuff…and OWN IT. So…being the little single Mamma I am…my budget was teeny but I lucked out and found an awesome card of hers in a local gallery. Jackpot for me!

I took it home…put it in a frame…and put it on my desk with one of my heart-shaped rocks I found recently. I love the print too. It’s a little mystical and mysterious. Perfect reminder to just be different…be me…and embrace my authentic artist soul.
001

I so love that I have a piece of that INSPIRATION right where I need to see it daily. I look over at those precious babies and I want to RUN and PLAY with HORSES! It’s a subtle nudge for me to remember…to be artistic with my photos…with everything really.

My Mom was so super inspired too….I’m betting if you could go spy on her…she’ll be running around with her camera…and her horse babies too!

004

If you want to see more of Rachael’s awesome work you can visit her webpages by visiting these links:
http://www.indianstunts.com/PhotographyBusiness.html
http://www.rachaelwallerphotography.smugmug.com/

She has some AH-mazing stuff for sale. Someday I will own a big canvas of one of her prints. They are gorgeous!!

You can also find her on Facebook and keep up with her daily adventures!!

Have a SUPER – INSPIRED – and BLESSED day friends!!!
XoXo
signature

No comments:


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS